Monday, August 24, 2009

Sunny Monday

Hi BRCC. It is Monday yet a beatiful day with sun and cool breeze. I hope everyone had a nice weekend. I am bracing myself already for a busy fall semester starting up next Wed for me. FYI: My local hospital Ephraim McDowell is seeking a grant to start a SANE program! The grant seeks training money for nurses, specialized equipment and the like. The hospital staff submitted the grant last Friday. My hope is to keep the conversation going with those key people about serving clients and cross our fingers the grant comes through as a great catalyst for long term positive change. See everyone tomorrow for staff meeting and our guest speaker Sgt. Gabbard.

12 comments:

  1. I am totally in love with this day...the weather that is, I would make out with this day if I could.

    I have my first practicum student starting tomorrow, I'm excited and a little nervous as well because I hope I can manage her time well. I generally feel like I'm hanging on for dear life to manage myself. Anyway, I hope to let her see all aspects of what we do in the communities, so if anyone is doing presentations, interagency meetings etc, I would love if you'd let her tag along. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a great weekend! The cool weather motivated me to get a lot of things done that I have been procrastinating. I'm feeling a bit numb about Maria leaving and even more numb about Sara starting. I also start this week with one of the clients that Maria transferred to me. Still waiting on baby Sage to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sage... I have a family connection to that name. It will be a name she can grow with. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm working on getting over a sinus infection. BOO!! On the antibiotic...again. In the throws of doing a Human Subject training online (can we say it reads like stereo instructions). It will take about 4 hrs to do on line (lots of test). It all for the Green Dot. Have to take Littlebit to the vet as she has a bad sinus infection too. Things are busy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the SANE grant, Cari!

    I have a busy day tomorrow with an Employment Law Seminar and a finance committee meeting with the Board.

    I'm going to miss you, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Everyone, I had a great refreshing weekend camping and am hopefully ready to tackle this busy week. I've got FUSION kids here today, and then volunteer interviews much of the week as I get ready for training.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I amfinally on this blog. This is very new to me, and a bit scary. Grace has her 1st full day at TLS today. What a milestone! For both of us. Lots of change going on for us all. It feels quite surreal for me right now. Wonder when I will touch back down to earth....
    I miss feeling grounded. Even the season feels wierd with the unseasonably cool temperatures. I don't think I am ready for fall quite yet. But, never-the-less, I am keepin on keepin on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am doing great after a wonderful weekend of being outdoors and on the lake. It always amazes me how refreshed I feel after a little camping!
    I have a fairly calm week this week. I am doing a volunteer fair at EKU this week and hope to get the word out about our services to all the new students on campus. I'll also being doing some work to help with revamping the advocacy portion of training.
    Bree: Angie and I have some Berea presentations coming up - I will send you an email with more info.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cari - that is very exciting news about the potential SANE program! That would be so great to have available in your area.

    ReplyDelete
  10. spent the day in elizabethtown and am glad to be back in Lex. good weekend for us, love the cooler weather! feeling a little anxious with the fundraising coming up but seems like everything is on track so far.
    bree--i really enjoy working with students and would be happy to brainstorm some with you if you're interested...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this mode of communication

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am out of office today, well Lincoln and I stopped by after his Dr. visit. He has a bad viral sore throat and is rather puny (+contagious) so I go home in a few to help him get confortable and wait for Whitley's outcome. We shall see- sharing cups is always a twins downfall with illness. If she comes up sick I might be out sick with both tomorrow too.?

    ReplyDelete